<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/5497337296217708276?origin\x3dhttp://in-candescence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



mercy
If I could be any part of you, I'd be your tears
Conceived in your heart
Born in your eyes
Live on your cheeks
And die on your lips


Tuesday, November 23, 2010, 10:13 PM
even saving grace might not do the trick

So this is how giving up feels like, an overwhelming sense of hopeless, hollow satisfaction that just doesn't really fulfill the wishes of the heart.
It is a bargain, a painful but meaningful one.
At least now I'm settled, for once.

"Of no consequence. No reason for harbouring. No harm to lose. It's like waiting for a train long gone, so what's the point?"

This is not us drifting,
neither is this leaving.
This is different from letting go of lost love,
or separating for a little while.
Giving up - the concept is rather simple.
A hopeless desolation.
Willing the exhilaration of escaping to infiltrate and numb my senses.
Maybe when I can no longer feel, I can no longer need you.

Just when I feel that I'm strong enough to break free.
I'm weighed down by the thoughts of you,
they're too heavy, too dull, too cluttered with memories I have not had the courage to sort out.
The recipe towards moving on is simple, to leave behind what aches your heart.
I question the feasibility, because since then, I've been waving away the shadow of your face behind my eyelids.
But the image of the face I'd yearned for burns like a scar on my tender heart.
You play at my heartstrings, a song of us.
Like canaries trying to sing a song, but no more, no more.