Besides the obvious difference, there is not much difference between losing a best friend and losing a lover: it was all about intimacy. One moment you had someone to share your biggest triumphs and fatal flaws with; the next minute, you had to keep them bottled inside. One moment, you'd start calling her to tell her a snippet of news or to vent about your awful day before realising you did not have that right anymore; the next, you could not remember the digits of her phone number.-Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.
EOYs are dangerously near and undoubtedly causing me a lot of mental stress.
Will probably be on hiatus until EOYs end, after which I'll probably proceed with the wonderful plan I told Nina.
Been drowning myself in storybooks and naps lately, like a pig. Oink!
Had Chinese Oral today, it wasn't very easy.. eeks
I kept stuttering, had trouble translating my thoughts into Mandarin.
So I just kept on "like.." "uhm.." "err.."
I can't believe I said, " you know right" during the conversation -.-
The passage wasn't easy at all, I only knew the first 3 words, and the others just read without knowing what on earth I was saying.
有边就读边,没边就读中间
I pronounced a word wrongly, and I saw the teacher picking up her pen and started writing furiously.
Sigh, please speak to me in mandarin next time, all screwed.
Before I end this last post before EOYs,
Everyone would wish for friends that's always there, however naive that may sound.
Who wouldn't want to have someone that would listen, and understand your feelings.
Many would hope for friends that know them so well, they finish each other's sentences, read their thoughts on their faces like a book.
I thank God, for blessing me with so many of such people in my life.